Wind Down to the Ocean’s Edge
Seabreeze Campground & Cottages sits on the rugged edge of the Atlantic Ocean – known as Nova Scotia’s Eastern Shore. In a landscape dominated by inlets, rocky outcrops, beaches and islands, nature provides the palette for an idyllic camping vacation. Our setting on the crystalline waters at Fox Island truly fits the bill of Nova Scotia’s “ocean playground”, where birding, beach combing, paddling and ocean fishing are all within a stone’s throw… and just a short walk takes you to a fresh water lake for trout fishing.
Seabreeze is a place where simple pleasures can be relished, whether it is solitude you seek, or sense of community. Nights with campfires, mussel boils on the beach, spontaneous jam sessions, our potluck Saturdays and friendly neighbours make this a happy spot. We have an abundance of amenities, including a common room and kitchen for rainy days. Choose from tent sites overlooking the ocean, well-treed serviced sites for RV’s, many with ocean views, or our cozy cottage and RV rentals.
You’ll know you’ve arrived when you wind down to the ocean’s edge.
Having a picturesque setting is just one part of a great experience; the other is meeting your expectations for service, amenities, convenience and comfort. At Seabreeze, our mission is to make you a happy camper. Your host, Ann Marie Rhynold, has been passionate about this place since assuming ownership in 2001. And while some changes have been introduced since the campground first opened in 1973, Seabreeze remains a place where people can readily connect with nature and one another.
Amenities you’ll find at Seabreeze:
- An 18-acre campground located on Chedabucto Bay
- Open and wooded tent sites
- 2 and 3 way RV sites
- 20 and 30 amp RV sites
- 48 overnight sites and 23 seasonal sites
- Cottage and RV rentals
- (4) fully equipped housekeeping cottages
- (1) 33′ deluxe RV
- Common room, complete with kitchen ~ perfect for rainy days
- Clean washrooms
- Laundry facilities
- Showers (pay $2.00)
- On site store, complete with snacks, ice cream and fishing supplies
- Propane exchange
- Dump station
- Activities for children & playground
- Free WIFI
- Payphone on site
Activities at Seabreeze:
- Salt water swimming
- Salt and fresh water fishing
- Walking trails and board walk
- Horseshoe and ring games
- Whale watching from the shore (May – July)
- Whale watching tours available by request – please call ahead
Points of Interest
- Interpretive panels mark the site of transatlantic cable landing and tell the story of the telegraph link across the Atlantic
- Our bay is perfect for exploring by kayak
- Bring your instrument… jam sessions around the campfire break out spontaneously around here!
- We are a 30 minute drive to Osprey Shores Golf Resort in Guysborough